Monday, November 27, 2006

Saturday, April 2nd, 2005- Atlantic Ocean

This evening when I sat down at dinner with Amanda and Marisol we ended up sitting in the middle of a student’s meeting over the comments and alleged harassing teaching styles of a professor on the ship. This tends to have blown up into a pretty big situation. I don’t really know all the details but there are allegations that this professor made racial comments in class and at a Community College, and also has been teaching with a harassing learning environment. I don’t have him as a professor but I was at the Community College where he made the comments and, in my own opinion, I believed that they were inappropriate and politically incorrect. The one sad thing is that many students agree with his methods and teachings.

No comments: