Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thursday, February 24th, 2005- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

12:51pm- Today is my first real test by myself because everyone has plans to go on SAS field trips, so I’m going to the War Remnants Museum. As I walked from the drop off point at Notre Dame Cathedral to the museum I was stopped by numerous people seeing if I wanted a ride. They were all very persistent and one cyclo driver even told me I needed that I needed to ride his cyclo so I could sign his book that other passengers from around the world had signed (which he then proceeded to show me). When I got to the museum gate at 12:30pm I found out that the museum was closed for lunch and wouldn’t be open until 1:30pm. So I did what any other tourist with nothing else to do would do, I walked around aimlessly and tried to make myself less of “a target”. So I ended up only wasting 30 minutes so I just sat in front of the museum with all the other tourists that accumulated.
Now I must say that if you’re ever in Ho Chi Minh City you definitely need to check out the War Remnants Museum. It is a pretty small and mostly outside exhibit that chronicles the American War (Vietnam War) through photographs and some artifacts such as US planes, helicopters, tanks, etc. The photographs were taken by both American and Vietnamese photographers of some of the most things I think I have ever seen. What’s also amazing is that some of the pictures were taken moments before the photographers died.
After about an hours I headed back to the hotel.

No comments: