Monday, November 27, 2006

Sunday, April 17th, 2005- Atlantic Ocean

Today was the final day of classes along with the Global Studies final. It was definitely a good feeling to get it over with.

In the evening the Students of Service held an auction that had items from crew shirts and Girl Scout Cookies, to trips to people’s homes in New York, Alaska, and Hawaii. I really didn’t get into it until the last item came up for bid, the trip to a professor’s second condo in Hawaii for like 2 weeks. I thought it would be a good thing to bid on and the price seemed pretty cheap so I started to bid. I came down to the end; while Amanda was egging me on to keep going and I was telling her to quit it because she was going to make me raise it to an exorbitant price that I was not willing to pay. I ended up pulling back on the bid at around $730 because I could hear my mom in my head saying, “Why are you doing this and where is this money coming from?” I guess at least I didn’t leave being more in the red than I am already.

No comments: