Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday, March 16th, 2005- Indian Ocean -> Kenya

After my classes, Amanda and I spent the afternoon chillin on the deck and in the pool. I finally finished the book I had been reading for leisure since before I left, Fast Food Nation.

We arrived in Mombasa a little before 6pm, a half day early so we could clear customs faster. However, we were not allowed to leave the ship until tomorrow. One thing that was good for some students was that their parents were allowed to board the ship to visit them. There were a lot of parents due to the parent’s trip with their children on the safari. I’m not going to lie; it was a little disheartening to see all those parents but that’s how the cookie crumbles. As my mom always says, “toughen up kid.” So I spent the night sorting the mail with other students.

No comments: