Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wednesday, February 9th, 2005- Hawaii

1:30pm-In the morning I took the Global Studies exam and then had a meeting with the whole shipboard community afterwards at 11am. At the meeting we found out that our chartered flights to Shanghai fell through due to the crew not having visas to go to China. Instead, ISE got everyone flights on United Airlines on different flights over the next four days. Of course my flight is scheduled to leave tonight and I have to meet in the Union at 6:30pm (1830). For even more added stress is that I realized that I’m 60 malaria pills short and had to devise a way to have my parents send me more. Basically I have 6 hours to pack my things and head out.
11pm- The first group to China left met at the Union at 6:30pm (1830). Josh, Chelsea, Kara, Karah, Mike (Indiana), and I were all in the first group along with 160 other people. We took 4 buses to Honolulu International Airport and took off at 2230 (10:30pm). We headed out on the 4 ½ hour flight to San Francisco because there were no direct flights from Hawaii to Shanghai.
- Seats on the plane were pretty interesting because the whole back of the plane were Semester at Sea students so we all just pretty much sat wherever we wanted.

No comments: